A J Shearing Garden Services Terms & Conditions of Business
- All work undertaken by A J Shearing Garden Service is done so in with the terms and conditions set out below. By requesting A J Shearing Garden Service to undertake any work the customer is deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions may change in line with business requirements, a full up to date copy can be requested, addition and/or alterations to the contract shall be properly treated as variations and subject to written instructions and additional payments may be required to cover the agreed changes.
- The estimate/original price for work includes all labour. If Green waste disposal is required a charged of £10 per 150L bag/or part filled bag will be charged.
- A J Shearing Garden Service have a minimum charge of £20 for a visit to cover costs such as insurance, fuel, equipment wear and tear etc. This will be charged if unable to gain access and carry out the work on the appointment date.
- Travelling time will be charged to all clients more than 5 mile from our base.
- All materials are property of A J Shearing Garden Service until paid for in full.
- The client shall provide water and electricity at no charge to A J Shearing Garden Services if required.
- The client shall provide access to site and dry storage space for materials at all times during the works progress and during A J Shearing Garden Services working hours. Our working hours during the summer months are typically between 08:00am - 18:30pm and winter months between 09:00am - 16:00pm this will include our traveling time unless otherwise agreed.
- A J Shearing Garden Services is not able to accept responsibility for any damage to (or cost involved with) any underground hazards, obstructions or services not made known to us in writing or apparent on visual inspection.
- A J Shearing Garden Services accepts no responsibility for accidental breakages arising from their work. Any reparation payment or works that may be made is solely at the discretion of A J Shearing Garden Services and admits no fault or liability.
- Damage caused to property due to stones and other items left in the lawn or area of work: A J Shearing Garden Services cannot be held responsible for damage caused by small stones and other items left in the clients’ lawn or area of work. While we try to take every care around pebbled/landscaped areas, the client is responsible for ensuring stones aren’t in the lawns.
- Damage to our equipment caused by items or object unseen by us and not pointed out by the client whilst carrying out the work. The full repair cost or replacement cost of the equipment damaged is payable by the client.
- Garden Furniture, toys etc – A J Shearing Garden Services cannot be help responsible for any breakages to garden items needing moving in order to complete our work. Every care will be taken whilst moving items, but sometimes accidents can happen.
- It is very important and the sole responsibility of the Client to ensure we are made aware of any special/statutory bylaws/conditions/permissions that may be involved.
- For Health & Safety reasons it is the responsibility of the client to keep the site clean of dog excrement and any type of rubbish. If dog excrement/rubbish is found work will stopped and not resume until the excrement is removed by the client. The client may be still be charged for uncompleted work due to excrement/rubbish not being removed. If the dog excrement/rubbish is not removed by the client immediately and A J Shearing Garden Services has to leave the site and reschedule to return another day to complete the work extra charges for time (and any work that needs re-doing i.e.. grass cutting etc) including travel will be incurred. If equipment needs cleaning due to dog excrement contamination will be charged at a cost of £25.00 per piece of equipment that is contaminated.
- Severe weather conditions, including drought, may cause the delay of visits but this will not affect the original, agreed price.
- When maintaining hedges the specified price is to remove the last 6 months growth, reduction work will be quoted separately by us. We will carry out hedge trimming where possible, outside the bird nesting season March-July inclusive. If we find an occupied birds nest whilst hedge trimming work will cease and the client will be informed. Work will re-commence as soon as possible after the area becomes un-occupied.
- Grass Cutting – Prior to commencement of Grass Cutting we will attempt to remove obstacles from the area to be cut. Obstacles that cannot be moved we will cut as close as possible to those items. A J Shearing Garden Services will not be held responsible for grass clumping due to damp weather conditions where grass arisings remain on site and uncollected.
- Grass Collection – Where grass cuttings are to be collected, we will ensure care is taken to remove cuttings and leave a clean finish. A J Shearing Garden Services will not be held responsible for minor clumping and small amounts of grass remaining.
- Strimming – We will ensure the grass is cut to the height of the surrounding area and will ensure that arisings are mechanically blown off paths.
- Grass Contamination – A J Shearing Garden Services will take reasonable care to ensure minimum contamination of the surrounding area, obstructions with grass arisings, but will not be held responsible for contamination.
- Pesticides – A J Shearing Garden Services will ensure that pesticide application is carried out when weather conditions are suitable. Spraying will be carried out by fully qualified operator, and in compliance with all statutory requirements. Weather depending, we will carry out spraying when programmed. The application of any treatment will be made during appropriate weather conditions and the operator has the final say if spraying is to be carried out.
- A J Shearing Garden Services reserve the right to charge for the visit in full if the site is not safe to work on the date of a scheduled visit (this includes section 14). If access to the site is prevented on the date of a scheduled visit or if less than 5 days notice is given. A J Shearing Garden Services reserves the right to charge for the visit in full or as mentioned in section (3) above.
- We understand and will exercise our statutory right to claim interest and compensation for debt recovery costs under the late payment legislation if we are not paid according to agreed credit terms.
- Payment terms are on completion of work or if agreed within 7 days of invoice. Any outstanding monies due by the time that reschedule work is due may result in the next visit been cancelled and still may be charged for. Payment methods are debit card, credit card or by BACS (Bank: Santander, Sort Code: 09-01-29 Account: 02538422).
- For certain/larger jobs a 50% deposit is required before work begins and is not refundable.
- A J Shearing Garden Services are registered as lower tier waste carriers. Registration number CBDL124688
- The term waste removal refers only to green waste produced by A J Shearing Garden Services. We do not remove any waste other than green waste. Where possible we encourage customers to have compost areas and/or green bins.
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time.
Published date 17/01/2018