Terms & Conditions of Business
- All work undertaken by A J Shearing Garden Service is done so in line with the terms and conditions set out below. By requesting A J Shearing Garden Service to undertake any work the customer is deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions may change in line with business requirements, a full up to date copy can be requested, addition and/or alterations to the contract shall be properly treated as variations and subject to written instructions and additional payments may be required to cover the agreed changes.
- The estimate/original price for work includes all labour. Green waste disposal if required is charged at a minimum of £10 and/or as stated on invoice.
- A J Shearing Garden Service have a minimum charge of £20 for a visit to cover costs such as insurance, fuel, equipment wear
and tear etc.
- All materials are property of A J Shearing Garden Service until paid for in full
- The client shall provide water and electricity at no charge to A J Shearing Garden Services if required.
- The client shall provide access to site and dry storage space for materials at all times during the works progress and during A J Shearing Garden Services working hours. Our working hours are typically between 08:00am-18:30pm this will include our traveling time unless otherwise agreed.
- A J Shearing Garden Services is not able to accept responsibility for any damage to (or cost involved with) any underground hazards, obstructions or services not made known to us in writing or apparent on visual inspection.
- A J Shearing Garden Services accepts no responsibility for accidental breakages arising from their work. Any reparation payment or works that may be made is solely at the discretion of A J Shearing Garden Services and admits no fault or liability.
- Damage caused to property due to stones and other items left in the lawn or area of work: A J Shearing Garden Services cannot be held
responsible for damage caused by small stones and other items left in the clients’ lawn or area of work. While we try to take every care around pebbled/landscaped areas, the client is responsible for ensuring stones aren’t in the lawns.
- Garden Furniture, toys etc – A J Shearing Garden Services cannot be help responsible for any breakages to garden items needing moving in order to complete our work. Every care will be taken whilst moving items, but sometimes accidents can happen.
- It is very important and the sole responsibility of the Client to ensure we are made aware of any special/statutory bylaws/conditions/permissions that may be involved.
- Severe weather conditions, including drought, may cause the delay of visits but this will not affect the original, agreed price.
- For Health & Safety reasons it is the responsibility of the client to keep the site clean of dog excrement and any type of rubbish. If dog excrement/rubbish is found work will stopped and not resume until the excrement is removed by the client. The
client may be still be charged for uncompleted work due to excrement/rubbish not being removed. If the dog excrement/rubbish
is not removed by the client immediately and A J Shearing Garden Services has to leave the site and reschedule to return
another day to complete the work extra charges for time (and any work that needs re-doing i.e.. grass cutting etc) including
travel will be incurred.
- When maintaining hedges the specified price is to remove the last 6 months growth, reduction work will be quoted separately
by us. We will carry out hedge trimming where possible, outside the bird nesting season March-July inclusive. If we find an
occupied birds nest whilst hedge trimming work will cease and the client will be informed. Work will re-commence as soon as
possible after the area becomes un-occupied.
- Grass Cutting – Prior to commencement of Grass Cutting we will attempt to remove obstacles from the area to be cut.
Obstacles that cannot be moved we will cut as close as possible to those items. A J Shearing Garden Services will not be held
responsible for grass clumping due to damp weather conditions where grass arisings are to remain on site and uncollected.
- Grass Collection – Where grass cuttings are to be collected, we will ensure care is taken to remove cuttings and leave a clean
finish. A J Shearing Garden Services will not be held responsible for minor clumping and small amounts of grass remaining
where weather conditions are difficult.
- Strimming – We will ensure the grass is cut to the height of the surrounding area and will ensure that arisings are mechanically
blown off paths.
- Grass Contamination – A J Shearing Garden Services will take reasonable care to ensure minimum contamination of the
surrounding area, obstructions with grass arisings, but will not be held responsible for contamination.
- Pesticides – A J Shearing Garden Services will ensure that pesticide application is carried out when weather conditions are
suitable. Spraying will be carried out by fully qualified operator, and in compliance with all statutory requirements. Weather
depending, we will carry out spraying when programmed. The application of any treatment will be made during appropriate
weather conditions and the operator has the final say if spraying is to be carried out.
- A J Shearing Garden Services reserve the right to charge for the visit in full if the site is not safe to work on the date of a
scheduled visit (this includes section 13). If access to the site is prevented on the date of a scheduled visit or if less than 5 days
notice is given A J Shearing Garden Services reserves the right to charge for the visit in full..
- The client will be responsible for all payments to A J Shearing Garden Services.
- We understand and will exercise our statutory right to claim interest and compensation for debt recovery costs under the late
payment legislation if we are not paid according to agreed credit terms.
- Payment terms are on completion of work or if agreed within 7 days of invoice. Any outstanding monies due by the time that reschedule work is due may result in the next visit been cancelled and still may be charged for. Payment methods are debit card, credit card or by BACS (Bank: Santander, Sort Code: 09-01-29 Account: 02538422).
- For certain/larger jobs a 50% deposit is required
before work begins and is not refundable.
- In the case of large grounds/commercial and gardens: a regular maintenance program will be agreed for the year and will be
invoiced at the end of the month with payment within 30 days of the date of the invoice.
- A J Shearing Garden Services are registered as lower tier waste carriers. Registration number CBDL124688
- The term waste removal refers only to green waste produced by A J Shearing Garden Services. We do not remove any waste other than green waste. Where possible we encourage customers to have compost areas and/or green bins.
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time.